The weirdest day. Ever.
There's only one word to describe the happenings of Tuesday: WEIRD. Weird to the max, man.
I honestly cannot remember a day in my life that was stranger. I mean, if I were to tell you this story and preface it by saying "I had the strangest dream last night," you'd probably respond, "Wow, what a bizarre dream!" The fact that it actually happened is beyond comprehension. I'll forever refer to this day as "Weird Tuesday."
Mike, a law school friend, and I decided to meet up with his girlfriend Gina for lunch. And by "meet up with Gina," I mean eat at Google for free. So I drove over to Mike's house first. Mike lives on the upper floor of a duplex, and the entrance to his front door is up some stairs in the back of the house. Upon my arrival, I saw Mike standing at the bottom of his stairs, perplexedly staring at a license plate frame that read "SCU Law." It wasn't his. Now, this just appeared at his doorstep within the hour. And apparently none of his neighbors knows he goes to SCU Law. Okay, strange. Mike was afraid to bring the magically-appearing-strangely-appropriate license plate frame into the house. It's probably still outside.
A little weirded out, we hopped into Mike's car and made our way to Google. Upon arriving in the cafeteria, we discovered that head chef of SF's Boulevard was there signing cookbooks and had prepared a big batch of her cauliflower lobster soup. Ok, a little unusual, but entirely fathomable. The soup, kind of a strange concept (made of pureed cauliflower with giant lobster chunks) was actually quite tasty.
What happened next takes this entire day into la-la land. Gina suddenly pointed out "Over there by the window, it's MC Hammer." MC HAMMER. Whaa-? MC Hammer was eating lunch at Google. Is this actually happening?? Inexplicable. In my wildest imagination, I couldn't possibly have come up with a weirder "celebrity" to spot at the Google cafeteria. Eventually, Mr. Hammer walked right past our table, and indeed, Hammer it was. An older, more worn, Hammer. I couldn't even look at him without cracking up. My repeated attempts to coax Mike into tucking his pants into his socks and singing his rendition of "Can't Touch This" whilst standing on the neighboring table were futile.
Alas. That would have been the perfectly weird ending to a perfectly weird day.
1 Comments:
Your day was truly Too Legit To Quit.
Post a Comment
<< Home