Sunday, January 01, 2006

They've come

Early morning New Year's Eve, I was awakened bright flashes of light. Immediately, I thought, oh, lightening, since we've been pummeled by storms lately. But then the flashes were followed by weird electronic thumping noises.

Hm, I wonder what that could be ... It's hard to think when you're half asleep at 4 am. It certainly doesn't SOUND like lightening. Ok, smartasses (read, Bryan), I realize lightening doesn't make noise. I meant, there's no thunder. So it's not lightening, but there are weird noises and brilliant flashes of light. When I checked the clock, I saw that the power had gone out.

My groggy mind mustered one conclusion. The aliens have landed. Alien invasion. Obviously. That's the only reasonable explanation. The aliens have landed in my front yard and the mothership has taken out the power lines. Hey, I've seen the movies. Those ships are BIG. It all makes sense.

Ooo. I wonder what they want? Have they come in peace? Friendly inter-planetary New Year's tidings? ("Hi Neighbor, I come bearing New Year's good wishes! Here, I baked this bundt cake for you!" "Why thank you, Trog, what an expected surprise!") Or do they intend to abduct us and perform human autopsies? And IMPLANT stuff. Oh, scary. I tensed. I should get up and warn everyone. I should get up RIGHT NOW and- but ... I'm so sleepy. It's 4:11 AM, man! Who can jump out of bed and battle other life forms that early in the morning?? I'm not equipped! I don't have a light saber (or whatever it is that kills aliens)! And I'm wearing PAJAMAS (with sheep on them) for heaven's sake! It's raining out there and I'm not wearing shoes. How's THAT for an armor?

I'll just ... raise an alarm ... in the morning ... zzzzz ...

2 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah! this reminds me of this entry i wrote a couple years ago. http://www.livejournal.com/users/imurdstiny/24249.html?

clearly, an alien abduction is the obvious explanation.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger alo514 said...

It IS like your entry! Of course. Generally, aliens is the best explanation for most weird situations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home