Thursday, March 16, 2006

Close calls

I got pulled over last weekend driving down El Camino Real. Which confused me, because of course I immediately start thinking "What? What did I do?!" I'm on a street with lots of other cars, not speeding because it's not even possible.

THEN, I think, great, my mom's in the car with me and had lately been telling me that I drive recklessly and the whole time, I always responded by pointing out that my driving record is clean. *Knocking wood* Great. So now, not only am I going to get a ticket, I'm going to be proved wrong right in front of her! Gah.

Blessedly, thankfully, my brake light was out and I got off with a warning. Whew.

****

Along completely different, unrelated lines, a couple days later, I almost got into an accident driving home from school. Not my fault. I will admit, I sometimes don't drive as safely as I should. But this wasn't one of those times. I will explain.

I was driving along (at a reasonable speed as my gas light was on and I didn't want to drive too fast) in the right-most lane. As I approach one of those super wide lanes where there's an off ramp immediately followed by an on ramp so that cars merging on/off move to farther right side of the lane, I see a car ahead of me, moved to the right side, with its blinker on, signaling that it's going to get off the freeway. But then, it decides not to get off and turns back into the lane in front of me going all slow, at which point, I slam on the brakes, leaning on the horn the whole time, swerving slightly into the next lane. So now, I'm sure I'm going hit them. ABS engages, thank goodness, and collision is avoided. Double whew.

So this is the kicker. THEN, the bastard has the nerve to honk at ME!! Wha...?? You should be THANKING me (and your lucky stars) that I avoided an accident for the both of us! The NERVE!

Lucky stars? Thank you!

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate drivers. Gah!!

You are a reckless driver! COMPLETELY RECKLESS!! (kidding)

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg. MY BRAKE LIGHT IS OUT TOO.

i mean, of course it is. why wouldn't it be.

hahahha it's been out for like 2 weeks now and lam just fixed it for me today, actually.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger mayz said...

oooh, that's just like that pic of Giselle being pulled over with Leonardo DiCaprio's mom in the passenger seat!

oooh... uncomfortable!

hee hee.. it's also just like dropping a hot dog w/ ketchup and mustard on the carpet after being told that that was going to happen. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home