Friday, June 02, 2006

Nose to to the grind - happily

I started work this past week and it's weird. First, I have an office. An office with WALLS and a DOOR, even! And WINDOWS! A view of the courtyard! And a secretary with a secretary-appropriate name! People knock when they come into my office. People say things like "Have your secretary do it." Excuse me? What has the world come to?? The other summers and I whisper among ourselves disbelievingly.

I was trying to get a mouse pad today and there wasn't one in the supply closet, so I asked the guy down there, who said he'd order one. "So, should I just come by next week then?" (It was Friday) "No, we'll get it pretty soon if I put the order in today." "Oh, ok." Hm. I wonder what that means ... I'll just go back down next week. A couple hours later, a guy shows up at my office with a mouse pad. What?! How did he know my name?? And they DELIVER?? Ahahah. Similar thing in the library, where I asked if this was where you return books. The librarian hesitated a little and goes, "Sure ... but you can also put it in the out box in your office and someone will come by and return it for you." Oooohhh ... They must think I'm an idiot.

I'm having fun so far. Hopefully that won't change too much.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Bryan said...

You could have fun with this. Request ridiculous items and see how long it takes to get them. I'll start the list for you.

-Leopard print ballpoint pen
-Sanrio brand Bad Batz Maru eraser
-Tin of Altoids
-Black construction paper
-Gingerbread (for house of course!)
-Dell Poweredge 2800 rack-mount server
-Slide rule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home