Monday, July 17, 2006

I heart Petcetera

My firm donated money to the Children's Health Council and in return, got tickets to their annual Summer Symphony, this year featuring the one, the only, Peter Cetera. Tadaaaa! Um, who? Our recruiter was pushing this event really hard - "It's always a really good time! A nice summer night!" So I, along with the other summer associates, bought into it, and agreed to go.

Later that week, I got an e-mail from her giving us directions for meeting the other recruiter there. Wait. You're not going? You were totally pushing this and you're not going?? All I got was a snicker in response. Oh great. I invited friends and now they will judge me for it. Ah well, we're fun people, so we'll keep ourselves entertained. I'll just apologize for subjecting them to it later.

Tram arrives, having checked out Peter Cetera's song list. "Are we going to a Christian concert?" That hadn't even occurred to me. GREAT. But then, Bryan, knower of all music, chimes in with his rendition of "I am a MAN who will FIGHT for your hoooonor ..." YES!! I love that song! Turns out, I know and love ALL his songs! We ALL know and love all his songs!!

So instead of me spending the entire time apologizing profusely and Tram and Bryan pretending to be okay with it, we spent a pleasant, lazy summer evening beneath the setting sun sitting on picnic blankets, listening to nostalgic music and eating a nice dinner with plenty of good company.

Did I mention we sang along? Oh, we sang.

Cheers to you, Peter Cetera!

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Bryan said...

Maybe we should have put more effort into singing along with that crappy children's choir! I think this is why we thought Cetera was so great...he performed after the tone-deaf children. After speaking with his agent, I was able to determine that this was all part of his master plan. Also, the reason for his wardrobe change? Incontinence.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger mayz said...

Oh so nice to be rewarded for donating. One evening I had two people come knocking on my door within 1 hour asking for money. Augh. I was eating dinner! The second girl was hard for me to listen to and really trying my patience. And she was this pre-teen little girl who was in this program that was designed to get kids to be productive and stay out of trouble. So she was trying to sell magazines for this program, and I really didn't want to donate, and then she gave me this GUILT TRIP for not supporting her! Wrong move, girlie, wrong move. Bye bye. I get hissed at, you get Petcetera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home