Invasion of personal space
I got to the polls today just in time to wait in a long line. I joined it at the end, behind a man with two super cute little boys who were literally wrestling each other to the ground. This little game ended when the little one started crying. And it wasn't even a boohoo, get it all out, and go along your merry way type of cry. For while afterward, he was still silently sobbing whilest standing next to his father's hip, tears running down his face. He had leaves in his hair. Haha.
Anyways, along came this woman. "Is THIS the end of the line?" she asked increduously. After I told her yes, she settled herself in next to me. NEXT to me, not behind me. Ok. Whatever. But it became kind of weird becauase as the line inched forward and she kept moving up with it, I got the distinct feeling that if I weren't RIGHT THERE with it, she'd just move ahead of me. And then when we got close to the door to go inside (and thus had to line up single file) she was RIGHT THERE behind me. When I shifted my weight, she'd brush up against me. She coughed and I felt her breath. Ew. And the whole time, I could hear her muttering, probably about how slow the line was.
What is up with that? I wanted to turn around and ask her if she would like a piggy back ride because that's the only way she could get any closer to me.
2 Comments:
People do this all the time while jostling for position to get onto a commercial airline flight. I usually have the convenience of my laptop bag on my shoulder and swing it around abruptly, hitting the person almost to cause a bruise. Always carry a laptop bag. It can second as a weapon.
i do the same. accidentally turn and knock into them.
Post a Comment
<< Home