Film takes place
That's the Sundance Film Festival's slogan this year. Film takes place ... in Park City? This is becoming kind of an annual event for my sis and me. Because it's so AWESOME.
We watched a documentary called "Kicking It" about the Homeless World Cup. Around 50 countries participate by training teams of homeless people. And through soccer, the event helps people realize their own worth and want to better themselves. It sounds kind of weird, but it was a wonderful movie about the human spirit. Which now sounds schmaltzy. Seriously though, it was really really good - ESPN picked it up right before the premiere, so it's coming soon! Also interesting, we were in line next to this guy who was a coach for the U.S. team, so before the movie, he was telling us little stories about the players.
The waiting. Not so bad this time because they have heated tents now! TENTS! The guy behind us said this hat looked like a wick ready to light under the heat lamps.We also watched "Incendiary" with Michelle Williams and Ewan McGregor. It's about a woman who loses her son and husband in a suicide terrorist bombing in London. The little boy in it is irresistably adorable and Michelle Williams is great in it. She also does a pretty convincing English accent (she's American).
And the skiing. Oh, we skied.
In Park City, we went to the very posh Deer Valley (for free! - took advantage of that fly-in-and-ski deal) and Park City Mountain Resort.
Our last day, we headed to Snowbird amid heavy snowfall. In the parking lot, I noticed a lot of people carrying powder skies. And some had ski leashes. That's funny, I thought. You never see ski leashes. And then I found out why. A couple of hours later, I almost lost a ski because I fell, the binding released, and my ski was buried two feet down, completely hidden. We spent 15 minutes digging around before I finally found it. WHEW. The powder was deep and dry and light and it felt like we were skiing on clouds, I couldn't even feel or hear the snow under my feet.
I've skied in Utah before, but this was the best skiing of my life. Would it be weird for me to want a vacation home in Utah?
P.S. Oh, and don't forget the celebrities. Eeee! Pictures here.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home