Work self
Tramanh: there's htis guy in the office who always finishes every exchange of dialogue with "that works."
"how's your dog?"
"he's good...he's almost all house trained."
"that works."
my coworker was in a meeting with him and she said she was tallying how many variations of "that works" he used and she counted like 17
me: LOL
Tramanh: anyways i just heard him ask another coworker what she had for lunch
"oh, just subway..."
"that works."
"yeah...it works real good."
me: LOL
Tramanh: hahahha
me: there's this guy here whose standard greeting is "hi, how are yooouuu"
drawn out like that
Tramanh: omg
i hope i don't have a catchphrase
me: LOL. do you???
Tramanh: do i???
hahahha
me: i used to tell the guy how i was, but have since just started ignoring it
"hi, how are yooouu?" "hi."
Tramanh: lol. you can't really tell someone that they do that. it's kind of weird to bring up
me: my god. am i weird at work?
Tramanh: LOL
me: "how did your presentation go?" "thanks!"
do you do this ALL THE TIME???
Tramanh: oh god i bet i AM weird in the office
me: LOL!!!
Tramanh: like the spaz
me: oh no, like when i'm laughing at our convos!
Tramanh: the spaz is laughing in her office again
me: AHHAHAHAH! ok, like right now
Today, I was walking toward the "how are yooouuu" guy in the hallway and I said "hey" as we approached. He responded "hi" then paused as we passed each other, and then when I was a couple of feet behind him, I heard him go "how are yooouuuu" like he couldn't help himself. And I almost started laughing right there.
But who knows? Maybe he's SO COOL in normal life and his work persona has this catchphrase! Maybe YOU'RE weird in the office, huh?
1 Comments:
Did you come up with your work laugh yet?
Post a Comment
<< Home