Last day
Today was my last day of school. It was strangely unceremonious. (Strangely? Maybe not. Probably because we still have finals to get through.) Anyways, I was thinking that I've spent an incredibly long period of my life in school - 22 years to be exact.
And it's over. 22 years and it all goes by in a blink.
I guess it depends on the perspective. My first year of law school DRAGGED on like nothing I've ever experienced. And looking back now, I feel like I've known my friends for much longer than only 3 years. I remember thinking as a 1L how jealous I was of the 3Ls about to graduate. That was back when the Socratic method was my biggest worry. And here I am. Geez, it seems like ages ago and yesterday at the same time. Is that possible?
And you know, I still don't know what the "L" stands for.
I was going to say what a unique experience law school has been, but then when I think about it, every "block" of school has been. I was so excited about starting at Cal. C'mon, living in a DORM? How awesome is that? I can put COLLAGES of my friends all over those pushpin walls! And Penn? I remember working really hard but also sometimes having that feeling of being on vacation when we were strolling around the art galleries in Center City on First Friday evenings or stepping out of Penn Station in NY.
I thought I'd be thrilled. And while I am, since I'm really looking forward to the next stage, I'm surprised that I'm feeling a little wistful. I think I'll miss it. I'll look back on this latest chapter with more fondness than aversion, I'm sure.
So goodbye, School. FOREVER.
I think. I'm pretty sure.
(Someone needs to stop me should I contemplate med school or something equally as ridiculous sometime in the future. Suggestions for talking points: tell me that it'll take 10 years before I can practice. Ooo, also, tell me about the time my friend got peed on by a patient. That will probably knock some sense into me.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home